The company, though recently founded, actually has historical roots; according to the parish records of the town of Barolo. The first traces of the Barale family date back to the 1600’s. The landowner Francesco Barale began making wine in 1870 and passed the reins to his son Carlo, who founded the “Barale-Rinaldi” company.
Following family partitions the sons of Carlo Barale, Giovanni Battista and our grandfather Giuseppe, took over the company called “Barale Fratelli” until 1984.
In the 80’s, following the death of the brothers, the sons of Giuseppe, Carlo and Sergio Barale became the new owners. In 1985, after the premature death of our father Carlo, the company Fratelli Barale then passed to Sergio Barale. Our “new” company started again from the land and the farmstead inherited from our
father. The lands are located in the municipalities of Barolo and Monforte d’Alba. The farmstead “Aie Sottane”, one of the most Ancient Barolo homes, now restored, is the heart of the “Diego and Damiano Barale” company.
Diego, at the end of the studies, is dedicated to the activity of winegrower and Damiano after years of practice as cellarman for many companies in the area, is now the winemaker in the company.
The rest is recent history. In 2012 the first label of Nebbiolo Langhe 2010 was released with the new trade mark, symbol of work and nature, audacity and luck.